Translate

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mermaid Nails

For this look I used 2 coats of Misa Mermaid Dreams, 2 thick coats of Hit Polish (formerly D&R Apothacary) in Mermaid scales for my accent nail and Kleancolor Jazz Olive for the stamping. I used Red Angel plate RA-111 to stamp. I tried the Julep quick dry polish drops, I didn't notice it help the polish dry any quicker but it does smell pretty. I topped it all off with some Seche Vite









Sorry the stamping didn't show quite as well in the pictures. and my cuticals are still a mess, but have been using cuticle oil regularly lately so hope that works.  I was bit worried initially when I first put on mermaid dreams, I thought crap this is gonna take several coats but was glad to see it only took two the first coat was quite sheer but the second made it fairly opaque.

I do own quite a few polishes from hit polish, for me I have to shake it every few nails and do some fishing and dabbing to get even coverage.  This I don't care for one because I think polish should go on like polish with no fuss and two because dabbing usually makes polish go on thick, then it takes ages to dry. However, they do make some pretty glitter polishes.
As a side note ....  I have also discovered that a lot of glitter polishes are this way more so with people that have short nails. I have tried this on a polish wheel where the nails are longer and found it didn't require the dabbing and fishing so much but did require shaking every other nail or so to keep the application uniform-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment