Translate

Thursday, November 8, 2012

November 8 - NO H8

Bullying is not funny. It is not cool. It is not right. And more importantly, it is not okay.
Most of us are, thankfully, residents of countries that support tolerance and many of our families have settled in these places simply for that reason. Generations later, it is our responsibility to perpetuate that message of tolerance across our new social platforms, including the internet.

As members of the nail polish blogging community, we all share a love of beauty, color, and lacquer. Other than that, we are remarkably different: from our race to our religion to our hair color...even to our polish application techniques. To marginalize anyone because of those differences is completely unacceptable and today I take a stand against that. I refuse to allow other people's view of "normal" dictate how I behave, believe, and blog.

In solidarity with a multitude of bloggers linked below, my purple manicure represents my proud commitment to the No H8 movement. Today, November 8, I dedicate my post to ending bullying of any kind and to encouraging diversity and imperfection among our colorful community.





I like this movement, I haven't seen too much hate in the nail art community but then I go out of my way to avoid people who talk bad about others.
I have a lot of purple manis but I choose one of my fails for this because, sometimes it is nice to see others make mistakes too (and I make a lot :) ). I do not mind if someone doesn't clean up in their pics, yes its nice but I am there for the art part.  It is not necessary to criticize because you don't like the colors or design.  Really unless your criticism was requested and is constructive please feel free to keep it to yourself.

This Kleancolor Lavenbaby-12, Disco purple-125, Neon Purple-16 stamped over Lime Crime Milky Ways.

I used 3 coats  Milky Ways as the base and plates MLS-301 and BM 307  for stamping
BM- 307 is on my Ring and Thumb and the others are stamped using MLS_301,  I used  a dotting tool to make the tips.  I wasn't  happy, as usual I got in too much of a hurry, so it is not the fault of plate but rather my shoddy half-assed stamping that did this. I do not remember the color I used on which fingers, sorry. 


Left Hand

Right Hand





































1 comment: